Lead-Lined Sheetrock, Drywall and Plywood
Lead Lined Drywall – (also referred to as lead lined sheetrock or lead lined gypsum) is supplied with lead lining bonded to 1/2″ or 5/8″ drywall.
- Custom sizes for lead lined drywall are quoted upon request.
- We also provide lead lining bonded to specialty drywall such as moisture and mold resistant board.
- Lead Lined Drywall (lead lined sheetrock, lead lined gypsum wallboard) is supplied with 2″ strips of the same lead thickness and height and 3/8″ diameter lead discs.
- Also available on plywood.
Please call or email for a quotation.
Lead-lined drywall and lead-lined plywood products are ideal for radiation shielding and soundproofing.
These products are commonly used as radiation shielding in the walls and ceilings of:
- Dentist offices;
- Diagnostic medical facilities;
- Veterinary clinics; and
- Chiropractor offices.
Lead-lined drywall consists of a thin uniform layer of lead sheet adhered to the surface of standard 5/8” thick fire-coded drywall. Also available in 1/2” drywall.
Lead-lined plywood also consists of a thin uniform layer of lead adhered to the surface of ¾” thick fire retardant plywood.
Lead angles are provided for lead-lined drywall and lead-lined plywood installations to cover seams and dry wall screw holes.
- Drywall is recommended for walls requiring less than 1/8 inch thick lead.
- Plywood is suggested for walls that require lead greater than 1/8 inch thick.
- Several drywall and plywood sizes and lead thicknesses are available to accommodate most customers’ needs and physics requirements.